- RT @OfficialUoM: Master's funding available: 258 scholarships for PGT master’s worth £10k (UK/EU only) manchester.ac.uk/study/masters/… http://t.co/G… 2 days ago
- Langwidge Sandwidge 2moro - LEL alum Ayumi Miura on 'English verbs converted from human nouns'. Uni Place 3.214, 1pm. Bring your lunch! 2 days ago
- Louise Middleton and Wendell Kimper are in the news!
- Language and Linguistics Research Seminar, Edge Hill University, 12 Feb 2015
- Langwidge Sandwidge Spring 2015
- Abstract for the coming Tuesday’s LEL seminar talk by Silke Hamann
- [Call for Papers]: Morphosyntactic Triggers of Tone: New Data and Theories (Our very own Yuni Kim is an invited speaker!)
Monthly Archives: January 2010
Colleague Yaron Matras travels to the University of Linköping, Sweden, tomorrow, by invitation of the Graduate School for European Languages and Cultures. The School is setting up a graduate programme in Romani studies, and has invited Matras to advise the … Continue reading
Postdoc John Löwenadler has a new paper entitled “Restrictions on productivity: defectiveness in Swedish adjective paradigms” in the journal Morphology. You can download the paper here and take a look at the abstract below the fold.
Colleague Nuria Yáñez-Bouza will be visiting Paderborn University (and previous visiting colleague Eva Berlage) on the 26th of January to give a talk on “Grammar Myths. Prescriptive Traditions in English.” Details here!
Check out colleague Nuria Yáñez-Bouza on “Turning Point”, here!
Manchet is happy to publish the following photo, just acquired at a bargain basement price from a paparazza (one who moonlights as the head of school), of our head of department enjoying a university sanctioned snow day!
Manchet is reliably informed that Manchester’s postgrad phonologists will be busy strutting their stuff all over the world in 2010. One of them is Helen Buckler. Helen graduated this autumn with an MA in Languages and Linguistics. She wrote her … Continue reading