Ten members of the School plan to raise money for the charity Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) when they take part in the 10 kilometre Great Manchester Run on 16th May. MSF is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. The teams members are: Kersti Börjars (and son Robin), Gaëlle Flower, Jonathan Hensher, Dan Herman, Yuni Kim, Joe McGonagle, Ruselle Meade, John Morley, Erik Schleef, Eva Schultze-Berndt.
If you would like to support this effort, you can make a donation by signing the sponsorship form in the School office, or you can visit the team’s website: http://www.justgiving.com/llc-manchester-run
- LEL research seminar tomorrow, Weds 25th Feb. Paul Kerswill, York on vernacular speech since 1800 - Sam Alex A101 4:15pm. See you there! 4 days ago
- Celebrate Chinese New Year on Friday with LEL & Chinese Studies! More info: facebook.com/events/4320891… Sign up: email@example.com 1 week ago
- Louise Middleton and Wendell Kimper are in the news!
- Language and Linguistics Research Seminar, Edge Hill University, 12 Feb 2015
- Langwidge Sandwidge Spring 2015
- Abstract for the coming Tuesday’s LEL seminar talk by Silke Hamann
- [Call for Papers]: Morphosyntactic Triggers of Tone: New Data and Theories (Our very own Yuni Kim is an invited speaker!)