As of Autumn 2015, Manchet is pushing to have more content created for students, by the students themselves. The two main initiatives are:
- Ten Minutes With…, a short interview with some of the department’s lecturers
- In the thoughts of…, a brief vignette of an individual department member
This year we also have three students studying abroad and reporting back on their experiences.
- Alberto Moron Hernandez (UMass Amherst, USA):
- Joss Hordern (Paderborn, Germany):
- Molly Joslin (Auckland, New Zealand):
There’s also the following student-created content:
- Six tips for making the most of final year, by Perisha Kudhail (Spring 2016)
- A Q-Step in the Right Direction, by Lucy Giannasi, reporting on her summer internship with Dr Laurel MacKenzie (Autumn 2015)
- Posts by two second-year undergraduates on their experiences of studying abroad in Montreal (Spring 2015):
- A post by Jade Anderson on David and Ben Crystal’s visit to Manchester (Autumn 2014)
A small committee of LEL undergrads and MA students are involved in creating this content. Contact George if you’re interested in making a contribution – the more the merrier!