- RT @UoM_ITS: Are you ready for the Blackboard downtime, starting on Thursday at 4pm? staffnet.manchester.ac.uk/news/display/?… http://t.co/fkh64mqsoY 4 days ago
- Very proud of our own @c0b41t for her fantastic performance on the radio (and great PR for us!): mixcloud.com/Hannahs_Booksh… at 18m50s. 5 days ago
- Louise Middleton on a local radio program talking about her work on rhyming in rap lyrics
- Louise Middleton and Wendell Kimper are in the news!
- Language and Linguistics Research Seminar, Edge Hill University, 12 Feb 2015
- Langwidge Sandwidge Spring 2015
- Abstract for the coming Tuesday’s LEL seminar talk by Silke Hamann
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Our 3rd year undergraduate student Louise Middleton was on a local radio program over the weekend talking about her work on rhyming in rap lyrics and also her Linguistics degree here at the University of Manchester. The link to the program is https://www.mixcloud.com/Hannahs_Bookshelf/hannahs-bookshelf-210315-with-special-guest-louise-middleton/ and … Continue reading
the Inaugural Lecture of the Language and Linguistics Research Seminar Series will take place on Thursday 12 February 2015, at B004 in the Business School at 6pm. The speaker will be Professor Raymond Hickey (University of Duisburg Essen), talking about … Continue reading
Week 2 — 3 February 2015 Ellen Wilkinson A 3.6 Olga Gordeeva, Acapela Group and Queen Margaret University (Edinburgh) Week 4 – 17 February 2015 Ellen Wilkinson A 3.6 Svenja Kranich, University of Mainz Week 6 – 3 March 2015 Room TBC … Continue reading
Loanword adaptation via perception and orthography: modelling Cantonese and Italian In this talk, I will first discuss the adaptation of English onset clusters into Hong Kong Cantonese and how the diachronic change in the perceptual adaptation strategies can account for … Continue reading
Language development in internationally-adopted children: A special case of very early second language learning Prof Fred Genesee (McGill University) Tuesday 24th February, 12.00-13.30 Room 4.205 University Place, University of Manchester ALL WELCOME Abstract Internationally-adopted children are a special case of … Continue reading
George was featured in the program “Afternoon Edition” on BBC Radio 5 today, discussing the question “Should we be a little more chilled-out about grammar?” Click on the link below to listen to the program. George’s part starts at 02:16:32 … Continue reading
LEL is featured in the latest issue of ArtsResearch (Page 9)!.